Why not enjoy a morning tea at work, or host a Sunday brunch with friends? Hosting a fundraising event can be as big or as little as you make it! You can even hold an Ethiopian Coffee ceremony, one of the most important traditional customs in Ethiopia.
Donating your birthday or special occasion is a simple and beautiful way to share your values. Simply let your guests know that you would appreciate a donation to your chosen charity in lieu of presents. Then enjoy your special day while knowing you're helping a good cause.
Are you excited to see the impact you're having in person? Would you like to meet your Ethiopian field partners? Join us on one of our inspiring trips to Ethiopia. We keep it simple and personal. Get in touch to discuss the dates and costs of the trip. We'll be with you every step of the way.
How to host your own coffee ceremony
You will need:
Set the scene by scattering greenery on the floor, wafting fragrance and playing some background Ethiopian music.
When guests arrive, begin to roast the coffee beans; every guest should be invited to smell the roasting beans.
Serving the coffee is a focal part of the ceremony. Arrange your cups tightly together on a tray and pour the coffee in a continuous stream from about a foot above the cups.
Didn't work the first time? Don't worry - three rounds of coffee are served throughout the ceremony so you'll have plenty of practice!
1. Go to Facebook and find the “Fundraisers” button. It should be on the left hand side of the screen if you’re using a computer, or it can found inside the menu icon on the bottom right of a mobile phone screen. Or, click here to go directly to the Facebook Fundraisers set up page >
2. Pick the cause or charity you would like to fundraise for on Facebook. If you’re fundraising for us – hooray, thank you! – please look for “Ethiopiaid Australia” to donate your birthday to us.
3. Set the amount you’re aiming to fundraise and how long you’d like your fundraiser to go for. Remember, you can always increase your fundraising target if it’s achieved very quickly.
4. Add a title and description for your fundraiser. Why are you fundraising for this cause? What makes it important to you?
5. Spread the news! Invite your Facebook friends and family to donate a gift to your fundraiser for your birthday.
6. Good to know: 100% of the donations go to your chosen charity. There are no fees and no admin costs. Plus, if you or your friends donate to Ethiopiaid Australia, all donations $2 and over are tax deductible.
Consider a gift in your Will
Give where needed most
Provide immediate, urgent essentials like food, medicine and shelter for those in need or in danger.